My mom has written some posts for Teen Biz Talk since she’s one of the Forum Advisers. You can can read the Teen Biz Talk blog with the following topics:
Studies have already shown that a high percentage of homeschooled children are academically ready to do college-level work between the ages of 14 and 16, and are actually ahead of their public school counterparts in maturity, socialization, and vocabulary development.
Why have them delay their financial prosperity by going through years of “ground floor” menial job experiences – when their self-reliant homeschooling training and mindset has already prepared them for so much more?
Not that there’s anything wrong in “menial” work – but it too often relates to a “menial” mindset on the part of employers.
Teaching your teens how to communicate effectively in business by positioning themselves and their skills to the strongest advantage can help avoid unfair “labeling” and poor wages on the part of employers.
(And increase teen safety – studies have also shown that a high percent of teen industrial accidents result from teen employees not being taken seriously and given the proper training or equipment by employers. Teach your child the skills to know how to handle and avoid such potentially dangerous situations.)
In addition to “thinking outside the box” and developing ways to push traditional youth business ideas further, some of the areas Teen Biz Talk zones in on developing (based on “strongest needs” testing):
• computer skills
• math skills
Those six things are all things kids need to learn and know, it’s great that there is something out there to help! My mama agrees with Lesa 100% and jumped at the opportunity to become a Forum Adviser to share our successes as online business owners, and award-winning inventors.
Grand Opening 50% Sale
As We Grow
Grand Opening Special
First 100 Families
Receive 50% all memberships
That’s huge savings! Click here to Join Now!
Enter to win one of 2 Lifetime Memberships to Teen Biz Talk Value ($175 each!)
Deadline date: Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- You must adhere to all the rules as stated. Shall a winner be chosen who did not complete these rules, he/she will not be eligible to win.
You must visit the Teen Biz Talk website and comment saying why you want to win the life-time membership and the age of your homeschooled kids.
To be eligible to win you must be a homeschool family living in the U.S.
- Follow us on Twitter @kidbloggersclub
- Become a Kid Bloggers Club Facebook Fan
- Subscribe to our email list, on the top of the right-hand sidebar.
- Subscribe to our RSS feed via email or RSS feedreader.
- Subscribe to the Kid Bloggers Club YouTube Channel
- Tweet this (or something similar)
RT @kidbloggersclub GIVEAWAY Two @TeenBizTalk Lifetime Memberships (Value: $175) Deadline: Oct. 13 http://ow.ly/6wTpo
#homeschool Pls RT
- Become a Teen Biz Talk Facebook fan
- Follow @TeenBizTalk on Twitter
Determining a Winner
- Each comment below designates an entry number. We will use And the Winner Is… plugin to pick a random winner from the total number of comments below. The winner will be contacted by email from hi<at>kidbloggersclub.com. If we don’t hear back from you within 48 hours for any reason, we will choose another winner. Confirmed winners will be announced on our Contest Page, where you may refer to at anytime.
Disclosure: We received lifetime membership are Forum Advisers to Teen Biz Talk. We were not influenced in anyway to say only “good things”…that’s lying! You’re welcome to read Kid Bloggers Club’s disclosure policy and contest disclosure.